Thursday 10 May 2012

Pear Crisps

Gave this a go this evening and I'm amazed at the results.  I'm not 100% sure it's perfected, some of them were a little squidgy but it's definitely a great starting point.  Amazingly sweet snack too, almost too sweet if anything.  If you're on a diet this something to give a go if you're missing eating refined sugar.  It certainly stopped my snack cravings for the evening.



Erm, I have to admit I did make these for my son but ended up nibbling them instead.  Is that wrong?



Pear Crisps - makes a small handful

Ingredients

1 Large Ripe Pear
Approx 1 tsp oil or spray oil

Method

Peel the pear and halve.  Scoop out the core and then cut into long thin strips (or as you like) about 1mm thick.  Put on an oiled baking paper on a baking sheet and put into an oven at 140oC or 280F for about 25 mins.  Turn them over then cook for a further half an hour or until browned.

Allow to cool on a wire rack then nibble...  Oh dear... they've all gone.

This has been linked up here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments but please don't include links in them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.