Friday 21 February 2014

Dairy Free Bran Loaf - great for the whole family

People who have been here from the start might recognise this recipe.   Well I've reviewed it, changed it slightly and photographed it.  It is a great one though, loads of fibre from the cereal and dried fruit and very low in sugar so I felt like it needed more prominence!

Bran loaf



Bran Loaf - makes one loaf

Ingredients

60g, 2oz, 1 cup All Bran cereal (the regular plain kind)
180g, 6.5oz, 1 cup Sultanas (golden raisins)
60g, 2oz, 1/3 cup Soft brown sugar
250ml, Approx 1 and a bit cups decaf black tea (or chose a fruit tea if liked)
1 egg
1 tsp Mixed spice (apple pie spice)
150g, 5.5oz Self Raising flour (or all purpose flour plus 1.5 tsp baking powder)

Method

Pour the hot tea over the cereal, sultanas and sugar and leave to one side for at least an hour.

When ready to cook, put the oven on to 175oC, 350F, Gas mark 4.

Mix the sultana mix then add in the egg, spice and flour with a little more water if needed.

Line a loaf tin or spray a silicone loaf tin with oil spray.  Scoop the mix into the baking dish and bake for approx 50-60 minutes or until cooked through.

Cool on a wire rack and serve with a nice cup of tea (for Mummy) or a nice cup of warm milk (for my wee man.)

Sugar free fruit loaf


The MAD blog awards are open; I would love it if you would nominate me.

Here is the link:  http://www.the-mads.com/vote/ if you'd get the chance, I would like to be considered for the "best food blog" category.  My blog URL is this:  http://mamacook.blogspot.co.uk

I've linked up to Nomday Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments but please don't include links in them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.