Tuesday 25 March 2014

Spicy Chicken Goujons

After making my crunchy mackerel strips, it occurred to me the same treatment might work pretty well with chicken and, lo and behold, it does!  The sweet chilli sauce lends flavour and a lovely sticky base for the coating.

I've suggested serving with some gingery noodles but this would be just as much at home with salad or as a beer time snack.

I've not tried my son with this yet but I think he'll be a fan.





Spicy Chicken Goujons - Serves 2

Ingredients

250g, 9oz Chicken breast
4 tbsp Sweet chilli sauce
30g, 1oz Rice Krispies
30g, 1oz Plain, All purpose flour
Spray oil

Method

Preheat the oven to 200oC, 400F, Gas Mark 6.  Prepare a baking tray with a layer of non stick baking paper.

Crush the rice krispies and mix with the flour.

Cut the chicken into strips.  Dunk each strip into the sweet chilli sauce and then into the crushed cereal mix and put on the tray.

Spray with spray oil.  Roast for approx 20 minutes or until cooked through and crunchy.



Serve with your choice of accompaniment.  I've chosen some honey and ginger noodles with vegetables.

Make it Thrifty

Take a look at chicken breasts in the freezer department.  Often they're cheaper than chilled chicken breasts and as long as you remember to defrost them in the fridge overnight, you're less likely to have food waste by buying them frozen as they last for ages.


I would be absolutely honoured if you would consider nominating me in the Britmums BIB awards, especially the food category.


NOMINATE ME BiB 2014 FOOD

1 comment:

  1. These were good! I fried them with a drizzle of oil instead, because I don't have an oil spray, and it worked OK, though baked would be healthier.
    Very crunchy!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments but please don't include links in them.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.